“The moon and stars they wept
The morning sun was dead
The Savior of the world was fallen
His body on the cross
His blood poured out for us
The weight of every curse was broken
One final breath He gave
As Heaven looked away
The Son of God was laid in darkness
A battle in the grave
The war on death was waged
The power of hell forever broken
The ground began to shake
The stone was rolled away
His perfect love could not be overcome
Now death where is your sting
Our resurrected King has rendered you defeated
Forever, He is glorified
Forever, He is lifted high
Forever, He is risen
He is alive
He is alive”
Because Jesus overcame the grave & rose again, there is no fear in death… None at all, only perfect life & eternity with the one who made us. There are no words for the joy this brings me as a mommy to a sweet baby girl + 2 precious twins in heaven. My heart will forever be heavy thinking about them & missing them with all that I am, each and every single day of my life. My heart will forever long for their presence for the rest of my life, but I know that they are sitting with Jesus & more whole & happy than we will ever be on earth. Through all the pain I have faced the last 4 months, the joy of thinking about my babies with Jesus overcomes all of that pain. As I watched Perry preach Amanda Backburn’s service tonight, my eyes were filled with tears, but my heart was filled with hope & pure thankfulness that the Lord is in charge and He is so good. “In Chirst, nothing is wasted.” I may never know the reason I have 3 children in Heaven, and that is OK, I know full well that the Lord has a plan for their lives & will work everything together for good & that is enough for me. “The Lord gives and the Lord takes away, blessed be the name of the Lord.” Job 1:21. I refuse to sit back & let sadness rule my days, but instead I commit to do all that I can to allow Jesus to use my life & loss for as much as He possibly can. I am already so thankful for the ministry He has opened to me through photography and I pray that I will allow Him to work through, speak through & continue to do all that He can with and through me. Y’all, there is nothing more important in this entire world than where we are spending eternity. Nothing. Not one. single. thing. I’ve learned more in the past 4 months about life & faith than the rest of my days combined, but the greatest thing I have learned & come to understand is how short our lives are. “You are mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes.” James 4:14b. A mist. That’s it. There is so much that competes for our attention, affection, and adoration on earth, but only one man who deserves it. Jesus gave His life for us on a cross so that we could spend eternity in Heaven with Him. Though I mourn the lives of my precious little ones every day, I can only imagine the joy on their faces when they stepped into Heaven & met face to face with Jesus & the joy I will encounter the day I am reunited with them. There’s no better moment than that, you guys. I miss them with my whole heart and wonder who they would be today, what they would be doing, & how different life would be if they were still here. I’m thankful for the wisdom, love, and strength the Lord has poured out to me over the past 4 months & am excited for what He has yet to do. The best is truly yet to come.

No comments:
Post a Comment